Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's official

Yup. "There is no doubt that you have strep throat" said the German doctor with certainty. At least I get meds, and the rest of the week off. Hopefully I'll be better by the end of the week though. I can't believe I got sick in like the first week that I got here. It was weird though that I got strep throat instead of pneumonia or hypothermia or something. I was looking stuff up on the internet afterwards too, because I have nothing better to do now than sit around the house, and found out the vitamin d deficiencies can lead to a lot of different problems, such as influenza or bone diseases and such. Scary. I wonder how they would write "Vitamin D supplement" in German...

3 comments:

  1. Poor Tessie poo!!! The good thing about strep is once u start takin meds, u can just go right back to work again! YAY!!! hehehe okay, maybe I'm not helping. I know how you feel tho. Just do what you can to get better so you can make the most of your time there. You don't want to regret not doing things when you get back home, which will be all too soon, I assure you. Fight through it, kick strep's butt, and go have some fun! Ganbatte!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Allison, this is your mother. What are you doing on your computer at 2:24 AM?! Shouldn't you be in bed getting your beauty rest so you don't get sick?

    Sorry Tess, my motherly instincts took over there. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Your mom said you might be going to Munich this weekend. Sounds like fun, and I hope you write all about it on your blog. As for the Vitamin D, I know it's in our milk here and you can also get it by just soaking up some rays. =)

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would soak up rays if there were any rays to soak up. haha!

    ReplyDelete