Thursday, January 20, 2011

I guess I should write a happier post

The rest of this week has been a lot better. I've mostly gotten over jet lag and have started working with the kids. They are... a hand full to say the least. I have been working with kids for like half of my life and I have never seen them as crazy as this. They definitely keep us busy but least at the day goes by super fast. The first day we were here we were able to go on a little tour of one of the towns around base. It was pretty neat. We got to walk around some and visit this cute Greek restaurant and a really nice little chapel that was super close. At the end we were able to go shopping for some groceries. I only bought a little becuase I thought we were going to have another chance to go out again and shop but now I don't know when we will be able to do it. Our PC is trying to figure out what the schedule will be for shopping but I don't know when we will be able to go out next. It is super annoying that we aren't able to use the commissary, after all, all the bases outside of Germany don't have that regulation, but the German market isn't that bad. It's not like the food isn't edible. It tastes fine really. Not necessarily any different than an American market. Plus it has a lot of American stuff too. This weekend I have to work Saturday, but I do get Sunday and Monday off. My roommates and I are hoping to get some cleaning done this weekend, and hopefully we will be able to go to Nuremberg this weekend too.

4 comments:

  1. Tess! Wow, that sounds "adventurous." And good luck foraging for food. So, how old are the kids you work with? (4 years old?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Tess. I know the first couple weeks were the hardest for Aly. Just remember how lucky you are to be able to have an experience like this, and take advantage of this awesome opportunity you have. I can't wait to hear about all your exciting adventures! Judy B (I guess I have to distinguish myself from Ding)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! yeah i was looking at all of ding dings comments when they popped up and kept thinking it was you. when you write it shows up as kevin tho so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
    and for ding - i work with kids anywhere from 6 weeks to 5 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tess..your mom just sent me the link to your blog. I'm so glad to be able to be in contact with you. Hang in there...I went to Europe at about your age, and I totally remember the feelings...hard, but good, and it will get better. (and we should never fly together...you are ME! eek!!!) You're in my prayers! hope you got to go to Nuremburg this weekend.

    ReplyDelete