Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh no!

Today started out well. We were able to get a ride to the PX where the shuttle in Graf left for Vilseck. The bus driver was really cool too. Even though we didn't have our ID cards yet he gave us a ride and even dropped us off right in front of the train station. The bad thing is though, that whole morning I had been feeling kind of sick. Then, while we were in Nurenburg, I was freezing almost the whole time. It was terrible. We got to see the Kaiser Castle though, which was pretty, and we tried to go to the Nurenburg documentation trials place but couldn't find it :( After that we bought some postcards and headed back to base. With a few minor mishaps. First we got on a train going in the right direction, but I guess we were supposed to switch trains at some point in time because we ended up in Schwarsdorf or something which was apparently really close to Prague. We got the trains figured out eventually but I was miserable and fortunatly we were able to get he guy who drives some of us to work to come pick us up at the train station. We were able to stop at the store after that and get some neccessary toilet paper and such. When I got home we took my temperature and I have a 101.8 degree fever :( Not really my cup of tea. Hopefully things will get better later this week. Till then...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tess,
    I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, how are you feeling now? Other than that, how is the great adventurer!? You are so brave to be traveling all over Europe, I wish I had done that when I was younger.
    I'm sure your light filled spirit is warming up Germany! I would have loved to see you before you left and I am glad you're writing this blog so I can keep updated on your travels and this wonderful experience.
    I was wondering if you have any special requests from home as far as some treats or magazines that I could send over to you. I'm sure your mom has your address, so let me know and don't be shy about asking - it would be fun to send some treats over to you!
    Your mom and I will be planning a day to go over to Sonoma to check out some art galleries and have lunch, hopefully this week or next.
    Keep me posted- lots of love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the offer to send you goodies! Let me know what kind of things you'd like. Hope you're feeling better. Take care,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete